Ro Whitten (they/them)
PhD student, Program in Neuroscience
Lab space: HSF3 room 9130
Posts featuring Ro:
PouLab posters at SfN 2023
Calling all Neuroscientists!!!
Come check out all the PouLab posters at SfN 2023
Sunday pm session: “Genetic Techniques to Target and/or Manipulate Cells”, three back-to-back posters :
- VV22: Find out what the best tag is for labeling your protein by Knockin at Andrea Romanowski‘s poster
- VV23: Learn about how some genes are resistant to CRISPR-activation at Ashley Marquardt‘s poster
- VV24: Get to see Neuroligin 3 for the first time in the human brain and how it might be used against brain cancer at Ro Whitten‘s poster
Monday am session “Animal Models of Epilepsy: Genetics and Pharmacology”:
- C57: Learn about an exciting new way to model individual epilepsy patients in mice using prime editing from Colin Robertson‘s poster
Wednesday pm session “Mechanisms Underlying Axon Growth and Targeting”:
- B14: Hear about a strange non-coding RNA that is involved in axon growth and potentially regeneration at Garrett Crutcher‘s poster
Celebrate neuroscience with us!!!
PouLab at SfN 2022
Follow our science at the 4 PouLab posters at SfN 2022 in San Diego!
Colin Robertson on Monday afternoon (YY36):
“Neural somatic genome editing in the brain for personalized patient models“
Garrett Bunce and Ro Whitten on Wednesday morning (B31):
“The novel gene Ganon-1 produces a scaffolding RNA for growth signaling in developing axon projections“
See you all at #SFN2022